Things to Do in Vancouver, British Columbia
By Chloë Ernst
Whether it's a museum, aquarium, or beach, every Vancouver attraction introduces you to the city from a distinct perspective. Enjoying Vancouver's attractions and activities could take you outdoors to explore Stanley Park or Grouse Mountain, and indoors to a local museum or lookout tower. Vancouver visitors have their pick of many things to do in the city.
- Things to Do in Vancouver
- Top 10 Vancouver Attractions
- 11 Rainy Day Activities in Vancouver
- Top Vancouver Museums
- Vancouver Beaches
Things to Do by Neighborhood
Granville Island, Chinatown, and the North Shore are each home to interesting attractions, lively activities, and fun things to do. Choose a specific Vancouver neighborhood and browse its attractions.
- Things to Do on Granville Island
- Gastown Attractions and Things to Do
- Things to Do in Vancouver's West End
- Things to Do in Downtown Vancouver
- Chinatown Attractions and Things to Do
- Things to Do on the North Shore
- Main Street Attractions
- Things to Do in Richmond, BC
- Things to Do in New Westminster
Tours and Sightseeing
For first-time visitors and locals alike, tour guides provide keen insight into Vancouver history and culture. Taking a guided tour can be an easy introduction to the city. And with various transportation options (including buses, boats, planes, and classic walking tours), this is Vancouver sightseeing at its best.
- Best Vancouver Hop-on, Hop-off Bus Tours
- Vancouver Walking Tours
- Best Vancouver Boat Tours
- Vancouver Mountain Flying Tour
Events and Festivals
Enjoy Vancouver's annual and holiday season events, plus a host of arts festivals and celebrations. Chinese New Year (January/February), Canada Day (July 1), and the Gay Pride Parade (August) are all major annual events in Vancouver.
- Vancouver Events Calendar
- Where to Spend Chinese New Year in Vancouver
- What to Do on Canada Day in Vancouver
- Top Christmas Attractions, Festivals, and Events
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Vancouver
Shopping, Markets, and Malls
Vancouver has a standard mix of international brands at its malls and along Robson Street. But lively markets make the city's shopping scene a delight to explore. Browse night markets, craft markets, and farmers' markets to meet locals and buy unique souvenirs.
- Best Vancouver Shopping: Neighborhoods, Markets, and Malls
- Best Vancouver Shopping Streets
- Shopping at Vancouver Markets
- Granville Island Shopping Guide
- Best Night Markets in Richmond and Vancouver
Nightlife and Entertainment
After dark, crowds flock to Vancouver's many arts venues and late-night establishments. Dance, drink, and meet people at Downtown nightclubs, Gastown bars, and a mix of live music venues.
- Top 10 Nightclubs in Vancouver
- Nightlife in Vancouver's Downtown
- Best Irish Pubs in Vancouver
- Best of Gastown Nightlife