Welcome to one of the biggest shopping days of the year! Boxing Day is upon us and arrive on December 26th and sales usually continue throughout the week. The biggest deals will be at major superstores such as Future Shop, Winners, Sears, and Best Buy. Robson street will be full of discount sales and deals and the street will be packed with locals and tourists.
Proceed with caution and watch out for the massive crowds, as you just might be run down. People are crazy at this time of year so the best thing you can do is to go really early in the morning, or really late in the evening.
In the old days Boxing Day used to be about spending more time with the family after the Christmas dinner the day before. It was about just hanging out with the family and relaxing throughout the day and before New Years celebrations arrive.
Now it is a week full of madness and shopping crazed people trying to get the best deals, at the right time. Here are a few places you might want to check out, but remember to process with caution and go early.
- The Block Boxing Day Sale
- When: December 26th 11:00am-6:00pm
- Adddress:350 West Cordova St
- About: The Block is a Vancouver a great fashion spot that carries rare brands such as Filippa K, Bennie and Olive, Ella Moss, London Sole, Earnest Sewn, Sunja Link, Lacoste, and more!
- Robson Street Shoppng District
- About: Find American Eagle Outfitters, Off the Wall, A/X Armani Exchange, Banana Republic, Aldo Shoes, Guess and more!
- The Hudson Bay Company
- Find excellent deals at the Bay and discount offers on clothing, homewares, furniture and more!
- Website: www.hbc.com
- When:December 26th
- About: A month-long food drive and 2 amazing sales
- Where: 1015 Granville St. Vancouver BC
- Other Retail Stores: Dream Designs – 1111 Union St. Vancouver,
Plenty – 380 Railway St, Vancouver
- About: Look for vintage acessories and vintage recycled clothing. Bring in some non-perishable items and save 15% on your purchases.