Below you’ll find my top 10 cruise hotels, listed in order of distance from Canada Place, Vancouver’s main cruise terminal (pier). Vancouver has a lot of great hotels, and most of them are packed into the downtown core. Cruises from Vancouver go primarily to Alaska, but also on occasion to Hawaii and the U.S. West Coast.
Compare rates on my top 10 Vancouver cruise hotels.
- Vancouver also has a second, less-used cruise terminal called Ballantyne Pier. There are no great hotels near Ballantyne, if your ship departs from that pier you will need to arrange transportation from a hotel to the pier.
- Distance shown are approximate but very close; Vancouver block sizes vary.
- Depending on the amount of luggage you have, you may want to take a cab from all but the first 3 listed hotels.
This hotel is literally at Vancouver's main cruise terminal, Canada Place. You just can't stay any closer than this! It won't be cheap, but it will be incredibly convenient. Just take an elevator down to the ship. <br>
- Distance to Canada Place pier: Zero Miles-you're there already!
- Worth the splurge. If proximity to the ship is important, the Pan Pacific is <i>the place</i> to stay.
Wake up to the sight of your ship across the street. This hotel, built in the 1990s, is just across the street from Canada Place. Walking distance!
- Distance to Canada Place pier: Just across the street.
A luxury hotel that opened just in time for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, this hotel is a block away from Canada Place cruise terminal in easy walking distance, provided you can pull your luggage.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 2 blocks, 0.2 miles.
This upscale hotel is part of a downtown business club, and offers upscale amenities with an excellent location.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 2 blocks or 0.2 miles
There aren't a lot of budget choices downtown, and during cruise season the rates at Days Inn may not seem like a bargain, but compared to most of the luxury properties around this is the hotel cheap cruise passengers should consider.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 3.5 blocks, 0.3 miles.
- Budget friendly!
6. Delta Vancouver Suites
Another Canadian chain that will be unfamiliar to most non-Canadian travelers, the Delta brand is very middle-of-the-road, but comfortable enough and often priced very mid-range.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 4 blocks or 0.3 miles
- Potentially budget friendly!
An independent property in the heart of downtown, Le Soleil marches to the beat of its own drum. It's probably the most affordable of the upscale hotels near Canada Place.
- Distance to Canada Place: 4 blocks, 0.3 miles
This mid-range Canadian chain won’t be familiar to most American cruise passengers, but be assured it’s very nice. The property opened for the 2010 Winter Olympics, and has an excellent restaurant.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 6 blocks or 0.5 miles